Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I consider myself a tiny bit anal when it comes to cleanliness and I am a very organized person. Does this mean that my house is extremely clean, my mail goes out on time, my closets and cupboards are organized? Not even in the slightest! I clean my bathroom 3 times a week, yet I can manage to avoid paying bills until they actually call me asking where the payment is. It is never that we don't have the money for them, I am simply not motivated to do it. Does this make me lazy? Considering I spend all day every day running around after two 8 month old babies, doing laundry, dishes, vacuuming, grocery shopping, feeding, bathing, picking up and putting away, I hardly consider myself lazy. I simply have an extreme problem with procrastination. I procrastinate about anything and everything. I cant help it. I have tried. I have made New Years Resolutions, taken courses, read advice books and I still procrastinate. If people can call themselves big boned instead of overweight, or ADD instead of admitting to a lack of focus, then by rights I should be able to call my issues with procrastination a "condition" right? And, being that I have a "condition" shouldn't there be outreach programs for me? Group meetings I can attend? "Hello. My name is Annalise and I am a procrastinator."
No, there is no community support for me. I have to just continue living my life with the bills being paid late, the dust accumulating on the top of the cabinets and the bathroom extremely clean. Right now I should be off my butt organizing the linen closet, then vacuuming and washing the floors. Then, when the boys get up from their nap, we can walk to the mailbox and send the cheque for the hydro bill. Instead, I am sitting at my laptop, typing this absolutely useless blog and wondering whats coming on HGTV at 3:00. Besides, the organizing, vacuuming, mopping and bill paying can wait until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment