Tuesday, April 21, 2009

12:38 AM


WHAT is that sound?? Is it the TV left on in the background? I sit up straight in bed and wonder briefly what is going on. Its one of the boys crying at the top of his lungs. I jump out of bed, completely naked, and run into their room. Its Linken. I quickly pick him up, hoping he wont wake Grady. I sit on the edge of the rocking chair that is overloaded with stuffed animals in an attempt to soothe him back to sleep. I hear a giggle and look over to see Grady smiling at him. I cant help but wonder if he is laughing at my disheveled look, or complete lack of clothing. I am suddenly self conscious and trying to hide myself under Linken's blanket. I have got to remember to keep my housecoat hanging by the bed.
Linken is calmed down enough and I put him back down. They sleep side by side in playpens so that they can push on the mesh and touch each other. They have never been apart and always look to one another for comfort.
I go back to bed hoping going back to sleep will be easy. Eventually I drift off listening to the two of them humming to each other. I still cant believe there is two of them....

No comments:

Post a Comment